Depending on the diagnosis, regularly scheduled surgery may be necessary to accelerate your horse’s recovery or to cure them completely.
We offer the following orthopaedic surgeries in our hospital:
- Arthroscopy (a minimally invasive joint surgery, also known as chip surgery)
- Tendovaginoscopy (a minimally invasive tendon sheath operation, also known as annular ligament surgery)
- Osteosynthesis (for fracture treatment or loss of mobility in the joints)
- Medial splint bone excision for medial split fractures or medial splint pain
- Operations on tendons and ligaments (styletting/splinting, annular ligament, etc.)
- Foal deformities
- Hoof surgery
Our range of treatments for soft-tissue injuries is also extensive and covers acute wound treatment to skin transplants.
Hanse Equine Hospital offers the following surgical interventions:
- Any type of soft-tissue injuries
- Castration: Closed castration, inguinal access; open castration, scrotal access
- Cryptorchid surgery
- Umbilical or inguinal hernias
- Spermatic cord fistula